Friday, May 7, 2021 1-3 pM Eastern / 12-2 pM Central
- Basic Tool Kit: (available at Michael's or Amazon)
- Mixed Media Journal: I prefer spiral-bound Canson mixed media journals. They will lay flat and accomodate the mixed media you'll be adding as well as the thick pages you'll end up with. Get one HERE.
- 3-5 Magazines (my favorites are Where Women Create, Breathe and National Geographic; mix it up; borrow from friends, check out the thrift store)
- Ruler (to lay next to an image or words and easily cut without ripping into image/word)
- Glue stick or tape
- Colored pencils or markers or crayons
- Washi tape — an easy way to add color to your pages.
- Some acrylic craft paints (red, blue, yellow or whatever strikes your fancy)
- A brush or two
- Black sharpie marker
- White gel pen
- Container for waterPaper towels
- A plastic table cloth to protect your work surface.
- Waxed paper for separating pages that are still wet or covered with chalk.
- Stencil & a small piece of sanding paperGesso for backgrounds and to stiffen up pages.
- Texturing tool.
- Ephemera — bits and pieces of interesting stuff for layering your pages, ie ticket stubs, junk mail, ribbon, buttons, fibers, fabrics, charms, beads.