Hello 2022! Fridays, January 7, 14, 21 & 28
1-3 PM (Eastern Time) Via ZOOM
- Fridays, January 7, 14, 21 & 28 @ 1-3 pm (Eastern time)
- Zoom One Click: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/7152094866 or
- Go to Zoom.Us / Click On Join Meeting / Enter Meeting ID: 715 209 4866
- Note: You'll Need To Download Zoom; It's Free.
- Please join 15 minutes before the top of the hour to work out any Zoom issues. I'll begin our gathering promptly at 1 pm and will not have time to troubleshoot. So jump on early, then you can start working on your journal.
January 21 Session:
January 14 Session:
January 7 Session:
- You'll need a journal plus some basic supplies. Here's a quick video with ideas followed by a list of basic supplies.
- Basic Tool Kit: (available at Michael's or Amazon)
- Mixed Media Journal: I prefer spiral-bound Canson mixed media journals. They will lay flat and accomodate the mixed media you'll be adding as well as the thick pages you'll end up with. Get one HERE.
- 3-5 Magazines (my favorites are Where Women Create, Breathe and National Geographic; mix it up; borrow from friends, check out the thrift store)
- Ruler (to lay next to an image or words and easily cut without ripping into image/word)
- Glue stick or tape
- Colored pencils or markers or crayons
- Washi tape — an easy way to add color to your pages.
- NOTE: Use what you have around the house.
- Some acrylic craft paints (red, blue, yellow or whatever strikes your fancy)
- A brush or two
- Black sharpie marker
- White gel pen
- Container for waterPaper towels
- A plastic table cloth to protect your work surface.
- Waxed paper for separating pages that are still wet or covered with chalk.
- Stencil & a small piece of sanding paperGesso for backgrounds and to stiffen up pages.
- Texturing tool.
- Ephemera — bits and pieces of interesting stuff for layering your pages, ie ticket stubs, junk mail, ribbon, buttons, fibers, fabrics, charms, beads.